There’s been a bit of a shakeup at Wimbledon this year: women will earn the same prize money as men for the first time, Hawk-Eye is being introduced, and a roof is (finally) being built. All good changes, but to balance it here are 5 things that I think will never change.
5) Players will always wear white
4) Tim Henman will always lose
3) Rain will always frustrate players and fans
2) Strawberries and cream will always be spectator favourites (62,000 pounds of strawberries and 1,540 gallons of cream are sold each year)
1) And Sir Cliff Richard will always perform during the rain (and shortly thereafter, the suicide rate in Britain will spike upward 🙂 )