Don’t you think we all need some randomness in our lives? I know I feel like that sometimes. I don’t like letting everything become too similar and expected if I can help it; I like following my instincts, and if I do then usually anything that comes along feels natural.
So it was a nice surprise when sulz tagged me earlier. And this tag is fun because it’s 7 weird and random facts about me. sulz asked for my weirdest facts, so I’ll do my best! First, the rules…
- Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
- Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.
Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs. Let each person know that they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
1) I got my first computer when I was 10. It was a Mac Performa 630 with a whopping 33 MHz processor and 250MB hard drive… brings back memories. Now everyone seems to have a laptop before they’re walking.
2) I’m obsessive about jigsaw puzzles. I have dozens and most of them are over 500 to 1000 pieces. When I start one, I have to finish it, and nothing will get in my way.
3) When I was younger I was in love with Martina Hingis. Now she’s broken my heart. Cocaine? Why, Martina, why? 😯
4) When I was 3 years old my best friend was a drake named Quing Quang. He lived in the park near where we lived. Only problem was, he didn’t exist. I didn’t have an imaginary friend, I had an imaginary duck. Quack friggin quack.
5) I have more questions than I have answers. And when I do find an answer, it just creates more questions! I often wonder if I’ll ever have more answers – and if I’d want to?
6) When The Phantom Menace opened in ’99, I went to one of the midnight openings for the merchandise (John Williams’ score). But I didn’t see the movie at a midnight screening; just on the first day. Even weirder – I don’t hate TPM the way a lot of people do. Just Jar Jar Binks.
7) I love SavageGarden, but for weeks when Truly Madly Deeply was out I was convinced that “I want to lay like this forever until the sky falls down on me” was really “I want to lay like this forever until this guy falls down on me”. I couldn’t understand what I was hearing wrong until someone printed out the lyrics. Major embarrassment.
I’m supposed to tag a few people here, but I’m going to bend the rules a little as most of the people I’d tag have already been tagged by sulz or Muse. So instead I’m going to open this up to anyone who wants to steal it (or has blogger’s block) – on one condition. Feel free to take it, but please include a link to FreeRice.Com on your blog, which is a great new site I found out about from ellaella and sulz. It’s a vocabulary quiz which is sponsored by some of the world’s biggest companies (Apple, American Express, Toshiba); for every question you get right, the companies provide funds to buy 10 grains of rice to feed the hungry. Definitely an initiative I can get behind; so far I’ve donated 2,000 grains of rice over the last two days. I’ve included a link to it in my sidebar and if you wanted to mention it in a post, or with the tag, that would be a wonderful way to show your support too.
And if you’re wondering how many of the words you’d know, it has 50 levels of difficulty; I’ve got up to about 48 so far. Brachypterous tripped me up today. 😳